When working with Alchemist Eating clients, we do our best to set them up for success. And, when adopting healthy eating patterns, a key part of successful, sustained implementation efforts is organization and preparation. That way, you’ll always have healthy food choices on hand.
To help with this, we recommend picking one day a week to prep and/or cook enough good, paleo-primal food to cover four or so days of lunch and dinner plus snacks. In our home, this takes the form of a “Sunday cook-up.”
If you follow us on Facebook, you know we’ve been posting about these kitchen sessions in our “Sunday Cook-up Series.”
Each Sunday, we post what we’re prepping and cooking for the week ahead. The idea is to share ideas, inspire others…and also keep ourselves on track with clean eating amid busy schedules.
Starting last week, we began sharing this series here too.
Here’s this week’s post:
Since we’re still away in Sonoma, we’re skipping our usual Sunday Cook-up again. So, to keep you—and us—inspired, we’re passing the job to Scott, one of our stellar Alchemist Eating clients.
Scott is currently making his way through our eating program…and doing a spectacular job staying on track and keeping track in his daily Food & Drink Log.
Here’s a day from Scott’s log:
– Coffee with coconut milk (We recommend Native Forrest full-fat, classic, organic in BPA-free cans.)
– 3 scrambled eggs with sautéed broccolini & mushrooms
– Grilled chicken strips
– 2 handfuls of trail mix (Scott makes this himself. It contains organic raw cashews, organic raw almonds, organic raw sunflower seeds, organic raisins & organic goji berries—with no added sugars.)
(We would’ve reduced the trail mix to 1 handful and added some veggies here—perhaps placed the chicken in butter-lettuce wraps with sliced bell pepper, red onions and avocado. But Scott’s doing a great job increasing his vegetable intake as the weeks roll on.)
Paleo taco salad comprised of…
– Bed of organic iceberg lettuce & dandelion leaves
– Organic yellow onions, organic vine-ripe tomatoes, organic avocado, organic scallions & organic pickled jalapeño
– Grass-fed ground beef cooked in organic taco-seasoning mix
(Scott sent us the picture below—we LOVE it when clients do that!)
– Raw-herb tea (with herbs prepared by Alchemist Clinic), cup of coffee, water
Wondering whether you might like working with us? Go here to find out who we most benefit.
And to get started with us, sign up for our free newsletter, where we share helpful approaches to food and eating. We’ll send you our Free Guide to Overcoming Sugar Addiction with subscription.
Go here to learn more and sign up.
- What can you be imperfect around? - May 28, 2017
- Nothing is ordinary - May 24, 2017
- Where can you make it different? - May 20, 2017
- Three percent less - May 19, 2017
- Three things I’m loving lately - May 16, 2017