Randy’s been away this past while.
And I’ve been finishing things up.
Thing one: the food.
When home alone, I like finishing what we have before buying more.
Most nights this meant smoked salmon, canned salmon or canned tuna with sautéed chard and other veggies.
One night it meant local, crap-free bacon; the last of our raw cheese; a handful of organic lettuce; remnants of mushrooms, zucchini and leeks roasted in coconut oil; and a sprinkle of walnuts.
Dessert may or may not have been the last of the dark chocolate.
Thing two: the school term.
It’s been quite a ride teaching Chinese Medicine this fall. My line-up included seven courses – that was a lot.
As the term came to a close, I finished up instruction and students readied for finals.
Staying late one night preparing samples for their practical, I felt a little like Santa – or one of his elves – the Night before Herbology Christmas.
Thing three: the cleaning.
I like my surroundings simple, clean, tidy.
So with extra time and space this week, I cleaned and decluttered all the things.
House. Car. Desk. Closet.
Five more things I got up to while home alone:
- Going to extra movement classes (yoga and Crossfit) and joining the local pool – indulging in “movement whims” without upsetting our routine as a couple.
- Allowing my cats back in the bedroom at night – they loved sleeping with, er, atop me again.
- Buying myself a nice honey candle – and lighting it each night at dinner.
- Playing classical music, Billie Holiday and moody acoustic on repeat – without taking over our space with my selections.
- Missing my Love terribly – so thankful he’s home.
And you? What’s your “home alone” look like? Bathtub soaks? Private dance parties?
I’d love to hear in the comments.
Want help creating a simple, abundant way of eating and living? One that makes feeling good easier?
You might consider working with me one-on-one.
For extra support in your inbox, you can also sign up for my free newsletter.
To sign up, head this way.
- What’s your style? - April 27, 2017
- Just one thing - April 18, 2017
- Getting really simple - April 11, 2017
- In sunshine and shade - March 30, 2017
- Not waiting for perfect - March 8, 2017
Please send your questions or comments along! You can call me at 970.631.5804, or just fill out the form here.
I'd love to support you in creating a simple, abundant way of eating and living. To get started with my free newsletter, sign up here.
With subscription, you’ll get my free ebook Keep It Simple: Primal Eating with Ease.