This is the first “Herbal Profile” segment on the Alchemist Eating blog. In each segment, we’ll offer a brief overview of the month’s featured herbs and supplements.
When prescribing these or other medicinals as part of Herbal Therapy at Alchemist Clinic, we consider each patient and each case individually. Indeed, one thing that sets Chinese Medicine apart from many other modalities is our awareness that the best, most appropriate medicine varies from person-to-person and pattern-to-pattern.
Even when two people come in with identical main complaints (e.g., back pain, flu or headache) or have been diagnosed with the exact same western disease (e.g., IBS, multiple sclerosis or osteoarthritis), each may leave with a completely different, highly customized herbal formula. In most cases, they will also receive targeted dietary and lifestyle recommendations to complement herbal therapy and optimize treatment outcomes.
The herbs and supplements featured in this series will, for the most part, offer broad, foundational support. That being said, the caveat above is an important one. We will always work with you to determine the right medicinals for your needs.
Keeping this in mind, today’s profile offers a simple approach to…
Healthy Skin from Within
- Clinically studied product that supports the skin systemically
- Provides a nutritional foundation for healthy skin, targeting all three skin layers
- Supports cellular regeneration, countering damage due to aging & sun exposure
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, improve skin elasticity & improve capillary integrity
- (Also supports healthy hair & nails, as well as whole-body repair & regeneration)
- Reduces inflammation in the skin
- Supports healthy repair & healing of tissues
- (Also alleviates whole-body inflammation & injury)
- Helps stabilize the collagen matrix, improving the integrity of collagen’s hydration-retaining components
- Reduces inflammation & advanced glycation end-products, which damage collagen
- (Also excellent for eye health, including in cases of diabetic retinopathy)
- Improves micro-circulation in the skin
- Stimulates collagen regeneration & healing
- (Also supports healing & micro-circulation generally, alleviating tissue damage & boosting regeneration…plus supports proper fluid drainage from tissues, integrity of blood vessel walls, normal blood circulation & vascular health generally)
So, there you have it. A simple approach to healthy skin from within.
Now, not all supplements are created equal. At Alchemist Clinic, we only use superior, medicinal-grade products meeting the highest standards of quality, safety and bioavailability. The companies we source from sell exclusively to licensed health practitioners, including Doctors of Oriental Medicine.
And, of course, when it comes to skin health, diet is another crucial piece. At Alchemist Clinic, we address this and other wellness concerns.
Curious about the skin health herbs we offer…or want extra help learning how to eat for skin (and whole-body) health?
Go here to learn about our in-person and long-distance programs.
And to get started with us, sign up for our free newsletter. We’ll send you our Free Guide to Overcoming Sugar Addiction with subscription.
Go here to learn more and sign up.
- Where can you make it different? - May 20, 2017
- Three percent less - May 19, 2017
- Three things I’m loving lately - May 16, 2017
- Working simply - May 8, 2017
- What’s your style? - April 27, 2017