This is the second “Herbal Profile” segment on the Alchemist’s Notebook blog. Each post offers a brief overview of the month’s featured herbs and supplements.
When prescribing these or other medicinals as part of Herbal Therapy at Alchemist Clinic, we consider each patient and each case individually. Indeed, one thing that sets Chinese Medicine apart from many other modalities is our awareness that the best, most appropriate medicine varies from person-to-person and pattern-to-pattern.
Even when two people come in with identical main complaints (e.g., back pain, flu or headache) or have been diagnosed with the exact same western disease (e.g., IBS, multiple sclerosis or osteoarthritis), each may leave with a completely different, highly customized herbal formula. In most cases, they will also receive targeted dietary and lifestyle recommendations to complement herbal therapy and optimize treatment outcomes.
The herbs and supplements featured in this series will, for the most part, offer broad, foundational support. That being said, the caveat above is an important one. We will always work with you to determine the right medicinals for your needs.
Keeping this in mind, today’s profile looks at medicinals that boost…
Back-to-School Brain Health (Great for life-long learners too!)
- Supports short-term memory, mental alertness & cognitive function.
- Enhances circulation to the brain, heart, eyes, ears & limbs.
- (Also helpful in cases of dementia, early onset Alzheimer’s, tinnitus & vertigo.)
- A brain tonic that supports long-term memory, mental function, concentration & learning.
- Helps relieve the stress of study or work.
- (Also beneficial in ADHD & mild anxiety…plus improves liver detox pathways, making it useful in cases of excessive alcohol consumption or when diminished brain function is due to toxins.)
- Enhances mental clarity & supports cognitive function & memory.
- Promotes vitality & stamina.
- Helps maintain feelings of general well-being amid every-day stress while supporting our natural defenses against emotional & environmental stressors.
- Beneficial for those who work long hours or late nights.
- (Also helpful in ADHD, chronic fatigue, mental or physical exhaustion & male or female sexual dysfunction…plus improves athletic endurance & performance while reducing recovery time.)
- Helps maintain normal cognitive function.
- Supports normal cell function & the complex processes associated with aging.
- (Also supports eye & cardiovascular health.)
So, there you have it. Brains in a bottle. (No, not really…but extra support never hurts!)
Now, not all supplements are created equal. At Alchemist Clinic, we only use superior, medicinal-grade products meeting the highest standards of quality, safety and bioavailability. The companies we source from sell exclusively to licensed health practitioners, including Doctors of Oriental Medicine.
And, of course, when it comes to brain health, lifestyle and diet are critical.
At Alchemist Clinic, we offer an Alchemist Eating program to address the diet piece…as well as Acupuncture and Guided Meditation to balance out the nervous system, take the edge off stressful school (or work) days and keep those mental circuits flowing smoothly.
To find out more about the above products or to have a conversation about your needs, please contact us.
Can’t connect in person? Consider a Long-Distance Consult.
Oh, and please “like,” follow and rate us on Facebook!
- Just one thing - April 18, 2017
- Getting really simple - April 11, 2017
- In sunshine and shade - March 30, 2017
- Not waiting for perfect - March 8, 2017
- Three things I’m loving lately - February 21, 2017
Please send your questions or comments along! You can call me at 970.631.5804, or just fill out the form here.
I'd love to support you in creating a simple, abundant way of eating and living. To get started with my free newsletter, sign up here.
With subscription, you’ll get my free ebook Keep It Simple: Primal Eating with Ease.